Educational and Training Courses
Reach runs a range of courses at venues across the area. We offer accredited courses in English, maths and IT, and a range of non-accredited leisure courses, including yoga, creative crafting and cooking. Some courses also include free childcare.
Who are the courses for?
Courses run termly and classes take place once a week. Any adult can enrol on one of our courses and they are particularly useful for people...
- Who are not working and would like to gain qualifications to improve their employment prospects.
- Who have been physically or mentally unwell and would like to get out more to improve their wellbeing.
- Who feel isolated and would like to make social connections.
- Who are not native English speakers and would like to improve their communication in English. Our courses can help to improve confidence and unlock hidden talents.
How do I enrol on a course?
Enrolment takes place at the first session of each course. To enroll, please bring evidence of your identity, such as a driving licence or bank card, as well as proof of any means tested benefits you are receiving.
Wesley Peters, our Learning Champion, will be happy to answer any questions you may have about our courses. He can be contacted on 0114 239 4466 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hold courses at the following venues:
- Newfield Green Library
- Lowedges Community Centre
- Gleadless Valley Methodist Church
- Reach Employment and Learning Centre
- Herdings Community and Heritage Centre
- Reach Classroom, Blackstock Road
bbc.co.uk/skillswise (Functional English, Maths, Job skills, games and phonics tool – a very useful resource)
abcfastphonics.com (Aimed at children but adults could use, too. Some of the pronunciation given is American)
spellzone.com (You have to pay for this one but there is a free trial option)
dictionary.com (Good for checking definitions, thesaurus, synonyms)
typingclub.com (Free website teaching you to touch type)
wiseoldsayings.com/ultimate-grammar-resource-guide.php (Support and guidance on grammar)